Zapier is an online platform that helps you automate workflows by connecting your apps and services you use. Using the MoEngage <> Zapier integration, you can create custom workflow automations for more than 5,000+ apps on Zapier.
The action "Import User Event" helps to import an event into MoEngage.
With this action, you can import custom events with triggers from multiple sources using Zapier. Some ideas to get you started -
- When there is a New Paid Order on Shopify, create a new event in MoEngage.
- When a Google Form is submitted, add a new user action event in MoEngage.
- When a new Typeform entry is made, create a new event in MoEngage.
- When a new HubSpot Engagement takes place, create a new event in MoEngage.
- When a New Order is created in Mailchimp, create a new event in MoEngage.
The action makes use of MoEngage Event APIs. For this tutorial, we will pick up Use Case #1: When there is a New Paid Order on Shopify, create a new event in MoEngage. On your Zapier Dashboard, and click on "+ Create Zap" on the top-left corner.
Step 1: Select Shopify as the Trigger App
For the trigger, type "Shopify" and select it. This will be the trigger that will start your zap.
Step 2: Setup the trigger app
- Select the event from the dropdown: "New Paid Order". Click continue.
- Connect your Shopify Account, if not done already. Once selected, click continue.
- Under the "Set up trigger" step, fill in the form as per your requirements.
- Once you are satisfied with this data, click continue.
- You will then be provided an option to test this trigger. Click on "Test Trigger" and then "Continue".
Step 3: Add MoEngage as the Action app
Search for "MoEngage" from the apps and select it.
Step 4: Setup MoEngage Action
- From the event dropdown, select: "Import User Event". Click continue.
- If you have followed the prerequisites, you should see your MoEngage account already listed. You can either choose that or connect a new one. Click continue once done.
- In the next step "Set up action", you will see a form for you to either fill-in or map from the previous step. Click here to know more.
Fill in all the mandatory fields and you will then be presented an option to test this setup. To understand how to fill up this form, please read the instructions on Event API. You can also choose to add custom attributes in the form of key-value pairs and map them to inputs from the previous trigger app:
Once you have selected your mapping data from the previous step, it should look like this:
- For our setup, we have linked the following:
Shopify (Contact Email)
Shopify (Customer Accepts Marketing)
"You can write your own values"
- Once you are satisfied with your mappings, click on "Continue".
- You will now be presented with an option to test this setup.
- Click on "Test & continue" to test this setup.
- If the API call was successful, you should see a "success" return.
You can also verify this in your MoEngage dashboard. Go to your MoEngage Dashboard >> Settings >> Data Management >> Events >> Custom events tab >> search for "shopify_new_paid_order".
- Once you are satisfied that everything works, click on "Publish Zap" and it will run every time a new response is added to your Google Form.