Configure SMS connector
Ensure that you have the login credentials such as UserId and bearer auth token for the SMS ICS Account.
If you have any issues with the credentials or if you do not have the credentials, contact ICS support.
- On the MoEngage Dashboard, navigate to Settings > Channel > SMS & Connector and click SMS Connector Config tab.
- In Integrated Connectors, click ICS.
- Fill in the following details:
Field Description Sender Type Select either Service Implicit or Promotional to define the type of SMS sent.
Type the name to identify the ICS sender.
Type the sender ID identifying the ICS as the SMS provider.
If you are sending SMS to Indian mobile numbers
- In the Sender ID field, ensure that you add the Header ID approved under the DLT platform. More details on DLT are captured here.
- If you will try to send SMS via an unregistered header, your SMS will be rejected and will not be delivered to the end-users.
Type the user name used to log in to the ICS account.
Enter the bearer auth token shared by ICS for your account
- In the Is Default Sender, select Yes to make ICS the default SMS sender.
- Send a quick test SMS to make sure that your configurations are working fine. To do this, click on the Send SMS to Test button. Add:
- Mobile number with country code. Make sure that your account is eligible to send SMS in that particular country
- Add the test message. If you are sending SMS in India, make sure that the message content is in-line with the approved DLT template. More details are captured here.
- If you are trying to test a Promotional SMS and the test number has DND activated, the message might not be delivered. In such cases, test with a number not in DND list.
- Click Save to save the Gupshup settings once you are able to receive the test SMS.
Delivery receipts will be automatically tracked by MoEngage as we pass the delivery callback URL in the API call to ICS. You don't have to do any additional configuration for tracking the SMS delivery.
URL shortening & Click tracking
For ICS, you can also choose to use the URL shortening and click tracking feature provided by ICS. Just select the Yes option as shown in the screenshot below.
If you wish to use click tracking via ICS, contact ICS support. In this case also, click receipts will be automatically tracked by MoEngage. You just have to ensure that ICS has enabled click tracking for your account.
Otherwise, you can simply choose to use MoEngage URL shortening and click tracking service offered by MoEngage.