MoEngage offers native integration for WhatsApp through Unifonic, enabling businesses to send templated messages via WhatsApp numbers powered by Unifonic. MoEngage provides delivery and read analytics for sent messages using this integration.
To configure a Sender from Unifonic on the MoEngage Dashboard, do the following:
- Go to Settings->WhatsApp->Sender Configuration.
- Click +Add connector on the left menu.
- Choose Unifonic from the list of WhatsApp providers or connectors available in the dropdown and click Done.
Click on + Sender at the top right corner of the screen to configure the sender details.
- Add the following details:
Field Name Description Sender name
This field denotes the name you want to provide to the Sender profile. This would be available in the Sender so that you can recognize this easily while using it to create a campaign inside MoEngage. The Sender Name should be between 5-50 characters. This is a mandatory field.
WhatsApp business number
This field denotes the phone number registered with WhatsApp (directly or via Unifonic) using which you want to send out WhatsApp Messages to your users. This is the same business number that you have boarded on the Unifonic platform. This is a mandatory field and is also referred to as the WABA number.
This field denotes the Unifonic API URL to which the WhatsApp requests would be sent from MoEngage.
This field denotes the public key that is required for the Unifonic Whatsapp API requests. Follow the steps mentioned in Get your API Access to get your public key.
This field denotes the secret key that is required for the Unifonic Whatsapp API requests. Follow the steps mentioned in Get your API Access to get your secret key.
Reach out to Unifonic support or your Account Manager to provide you with the Template namespace value.
Upon successful integration, you will get the following message.
To track the delivery of your WhatsApp Messages inside MoEngage, you would need to copy MoEngage Delivery Tracking URL and add it as a WebHook in WhatsApp Settings in Unifonic. Do the following:
- You should be able to see the URL as shown below in MoEngage by navigating to Settings->WhatsApp->Sender Configuration-> Unifonic.
- Copy the exact URL from your MoEngage Dashboard.
- Follow the steps mentioned in Configuring WebHook URLs.
- You should have pre-approved templates with Unifonic to create a WhatsApp campaign for a Unifonic Sender in MoEngage.
- You can create templates verbatim to the pre-approved Unifonic templates in MoEngage. For more information, refer to Add Templates.