MoEngage integrates with Kaleyra for WhatsApp. This integration allows businesses to send templated WhatsApp messages using Senders powered by Kaleyra. MoEngage can send messages and show Delivery and Read Analytics.
To configure a Sender from Kaleyra on the MoEngage Dashboard, do the following:
- Go to Settings->WhatsApp->Sender Configuration.
- Click +Add connector on the left menu.
- Choose Kaleyra from the list of WA providers or connectors available in the dropdown available and click Done.
- Click on + Sender at the top right corner of the screen to configure the sender details, as explained below.
Field Name Description Sender name
This field denotes the name you want to provide to the Sender profile. This would be available in the Sender so that you can recognize this easily while using it to create a campaign inside MoEngage. The Sender Name should be between 5-50 characters. This is a mandatory field.
WhatsApp business number This field denotes the phone number registered with WhatsApp (directly or via Kaleyra) using which you want to send out WhatsApp Messages to your users. This is a mandatory field and is also referred to as the WABA number. sid SID is the security identifier for your Kaleyra account, and it is mandatory to send this information in your API request. To get your SID, refer to the steps mentioned in Kaleyra's developer documentation. api-key
The API Key will be used to identify the account that is making the API call. Provide the API Key of your Kaleyra account here. To get your API Key, refer to the steps mentioned in Kaleyra's developer documentation.
To track the delivery of your WhatsApp Messages in MoEngage:
- Enable delivery callbacks on WhatsApp in Kaleyra. Follow the steps mentioned in the Enabling Delivery Callbacks section to do so.
- Copy the MoEngage Delivery Tracking URL and pass it to Kaleyra in the API request. Copy and paste the delivery tracking URL provided by MoEngage in the Enable delivery tracking section to enable delivery tracking for your WhatsApp messages. You should be able to see the URL as shown below:
- Note: The URL is a sample URL. Copy the exact URL from your MoEngage Dashboard while configuring the sender.
This is the API URL for sending the request.
Sample host URL: https://api.in.kaleyra.io/
Note: This is a sample URL. Contact the Kaleyra team to know the host details.
Click Save to save the sender's details. Upon successful integration, you will get a success message, as shown above.
Steps to Enable Delivery Tracking in Kaleyra
- Login to kaleyra.io
- Click on the Profile name in the top right corner
- Click on Settings in the list
- On the page that loads, click on the Settings tab. In the Enable WhatsApp Callback URLs section, add https://moengage-whatsapp-prod.kaleyra.io in the text area.
- Click Save