MoEngage has native integration for WhatsApp with Mitto. This integration allows businesses to send templated WhatsApp messages using Senders powered by Mitto. MoEngage can send messages, show Delivery and Read Analytics.
To configure a Sender from Mitto on the MoEngage Dashboard, do the following:
- Go to Settings->WhatsApp->Sender Configuration.
- Click +Add connector on the left menu.
- Choose Mitto from the list of WhatsApp providers or connectors in the dropdown and click Done.
- Click on + Sender at the top right corner of the screen to configure the sender details, as explained below.
- Add the following details:
Field Name Description Sender name
This field denotes the name you want to provide to the Sender profile. This would be available in the Sender so that you can recognize this easily while using it to create a campaign inside MoEngage. The Sender Name should be between 5-50 characters. This is a mandatory field.
WhatsApp business number This field denotes the phone number registered with WhatsApp (directly or via Mitto) using which you want to send out WhatsApp Messages to your users. This is a mandatory field and is also referred to as the WABA number. API URL
This field denotes the Mitto API URL to which the WhatsApp requests would be sent from MoEngage. This is a mandatory field.
Authorization This field denotes the HTTP Basic account details for Mitto platform. This is a mandatory field. Enable delivery tracking
To track the delivery of your WhatsApp messages inside MoEngage, you would need to copy the MoEngage Delivery Tracking URL and add it as a Webhook in the Mitto platform. The delivery tracking URL is available in the WhatsApp MoEngage Dashboard as shown below:
Note: The delivery tracking URL is a sample URL. Copy the URL from your MoEngage Dashboard and add it to the Mitto platform.
- Click Save. Upon successful integration, you will get the following message.