Ensure that you have the login credentials such as UserId and Password for the SMS Gupshup Account. If you have any issues with the credentials or if you do not have the credentials, contact Gupshup support.
Configure SMS Connector (Service Provider)
We've revamped our dashboard settings. This article describes the steps to be followed to configure Gupshup as a Service Provider in the revamped settings UI and the older UI.
Configure in Revamped UI
Log in to the MoEngage Dashboard and follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings -> Channel -> SMS -> Sender Configuration.
- Click Gupshup.
- Add the following details in the Sender Details screen.
Mark as default
Turn on this toggle to mark the sender as the default sender for the service provider being configured. If marked as default, this sender would be used for sending all SMS campaigns from MoEngage unless you select a different sender while creating the campaign.
The Sender type can either be Promotional or Transactional. Choose the Sender type as Promotional when you would be using the Sender for sending information about your brand, promoting deals, or engaging with users. Choose the Sender type as Transactional when you would be using the Sender for sending alerts about transactions, OTPs, security information, or any information that can be classified as transactional in nature.
This is the number from which SMS will be sent to your users.
This is the username of your Gupshup account.
This is the password of your Gupshup account.
- Send a test SMS to verify your configuration.
- Click Save to save the Sender Configuration.
- To enable delivery tracking, copy the Delivery tracking URL and paste it on to your Gupshup portal. For more information, refer to Enabling Delivery Tracking in Gupshup.
Configure in Old UI
- On the MoEngage Dashboard, navigate to Settings > Channel > SMS & Connector and click SMS Connector Config tab.
- In Integrated Connectors, click SMS Gupshup.
- Fill in the following details:
Field Description Sender Type Select either Transactional or Promotional to define the type of SMS sent.
Type the name to identify the Gupshup sender.
Type the sender ID identifying Gupshup as the SMS provider.
warning If you are sending SMS to Indian mobile numbers
- In the Sender ID field, ensure that you add the Header ID approved under the DLT platform. More details on DLT are captured here.
- If you try to send an SMS via an unregistered header, your SMS will be rejected and will not be delivered to the end users.
Type the user name used to log in to the Gupshup account.
Type the password used to log in to the Gupshup account.
- Select Yes in the Is Default Sender to make Gupshup the default SMS sender.
- Send a quick test SMS to make sure that your configurations are working fine. To do this, click on the Send SMS to Test button. Add:
- Mobile number with country code. Make sure that your account is eligible to send SMS in that particular country.
- Add the test message. If you are sending SMS in India, make sure that the message content is in line with the approved DLT template. More details are captured here.
- If you are trying to test a Promotional SMS and the test number has DND activated, the message might not be delivered. In such cases, test with a number that is not in the DND list.
- Click Save to save the Gupshup settings.
To enable SMS delivery tracking,
- Login to the Gupshup Portal
- Navigate to Settings -> SMS Settings
- Use the MoEngage Delivery Tracking URL https://api-01.moengage.com/sms/dlr/gupshup and paste it under the Real-Time Delivery URL in the Gupshup portal for the Transactional SMS Account.
The delivery tracking URL should be set as a GET request on Gupshup; contact your Gupshup account manager to set it as a GET request.