Ensure you have access to your Mandrill account.
Configure Email connector
Configure SMTP settings
- SMTP Host name can be filled from the details in SMTP & API Info.
SMTP Port and Protocol type can be obtained from here. To avoid the rate limits set by some hosting companies, port 587 is the recommended port.
SMTP Username is your Mandrill account username
SMTP Password is any API Key generated by clicking on New API Key button under SMTP & API Info
Maximum send rate depends on your pricing plan and is mentioned on your Mandrill Dashboard
- "MoEngage Tracking" will add your unsubscribe page url as the email footer - “If you'd like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here”.
- Depending on the Data Center your dashboard was configured in please input the call-back URL for Unsubscribe Page:
Unsubscribe URL Data Center https://api-01.moengage.com/v1/emailresubscribe Datacenter 1 https://api-02.moengage.com/v1/emailresubscribe Datacenter 2 https://api-03.moengage.com/v1/emailresubscribe Datacenter 3 https://api-04.moengage.com/v1/emailresubscribe
- "Mandrill Tracking" will enable us to use unsubscribe information from Mandrill on the Callback URL (mentioned below under Bounces) to track unsubscribes. You must mandatorily add Unsubscribe Tag or enable "add Unsubscribe Footer" in your Mandrill Account -> Settings -> Sending Defaults. More details here
- Selecting "None" for promotional email campaigns will lead to higher chances of being classified as spam.
Configure Bounce and Complaints
This information is obtained by "Adding a Webhook" in your Mandrill Account -> Settings -> Webhooks and selecting events as shown below to enable tracking of unsubscribes, bounces and complaints. Also, copy the url from Moengage App Settings -> Email Settings -> Connector Configurations -> Mandrill -> Callback URL and paste it in "POST to URL" text box shown below.
You are all set up with connector configurations. You can now click on "Save" button which will test these settings (including credentials etc.) and save them. You can then select Mandrill as the default connector in General Settings.