Zapier is an online platform that helps you automate workflows by connecting your apps and services you use. Using the MoEngage <> Zapier integration, you can create custom workflow automations for more than 5,000+ apps on Zapier.
The action "Create or Update User" helps to add a user into MoEngage. If the user already exists, the action updates the user’s attributes.
With this action, you can create or update users from multiple sources in near real-time using Zapier. Some ideas to get you started -
- Update user attribute in MoEngage when a Google Form is submitted.
- Create or update users in MoEngage with new Facebook Lead Ad leads.
- Create or update users in MoEngage from HubSpot.
- Add new users in MoEngage from Typeform entries.
- Create or update users in MoEngage from rows in Google Sheets.
The action makes use of MoEngage User APIs. For this tutorial, we will pick up Use Case #1: Update a user attribute in MoEngage as soon as a Google Form is submitted. On your Zapier Dashboard, and click on "+ Create Zap" on the top-left corner.
Step 1: Select Google Forms as the Trigger App
For the trigger, type "Google Forms" and select it. This will be the trigger that will start your zap.
Step 2: Setup the trigger app
- Select the event from the dropdown: "New Form Response". Click continue.
- Connect your Google Account, if not done already. Once selected, click continue.
- Under the "Set up trigger" step, select the form from the dropdown. Click continue.
- Click on "Test Trigger" to pull in a recent form submission as sample data. If no data is present, it will be auto-populated.
- Once you are satisfied with this data, click continue.
Step 3: Add MoEngage as the Action app
Search for "MoEngage" from the apps and select it.
Step 4: Setup MoEngage Action
- From the event dropdown, select: "Create or Update User". Click continue.
- If you have followed the prerequisites, you should see your MoEngage account already listed. You can either choose that or connect a new one. Click continue once done.
- In the next step "Set up action", you will see a list of attributes and user properties for you to either fill-in or map from the previous step. Click here to know more.
Fill in all the mandatory fields and you will then be presented an option to test this setup. You can also choose to add custom attributes in the form of key-value pairs and map them to inputs from the previous trigger app:
Once you have selected your mapping data from the previous step, it should look like this:
- For our setup, we have linked the following:
Google Forms (Email Address)
Google Forms (Last Submitted TIme)
"I can also write my own text"
- Once you are satisfied with your mappings, click on "Continue".
- You will now be presented with an option to test this setup.
- Click on "Test & continue" to test this setup.
- If the API call was successful, you should see a "success" return.
You can also verify this in your MoEngage dashboard. Go to your test user's profile and look under custom attributes:
- Once you are satisfied that everything works, click on "Publish Zap" and it will run every time a new response is added to your Google Form.