Kochava offers mobile attribution and analytics to help you harness your data for growth. The Kochava Audience Platform enables you to plan, target, activate, measure, and optimize your app campaigns.
MoEngage <> Kochava
The MoEngage and Kochava integration helps power a more holistic understanding of your campaigns by sending attribution data to MoEngage to better understand the campaigns that are driving installs, in-app activity, and more.
To integrate Kochava with MoEngage, follow these steps:
Step 1: Get the MoEngage attribution tracking app key
Navigate to MoEngage Dashboard > Settings > Analytics.
- Under 'Acquisition Settings', turn on 'Acquisition Tracking', and select Kochava from the dropdown. This by default will generate an 'App Key'.
- Hit Save to save all the key.
- Copy the key. This will required for the next step.
Step 2: Set up a Postback on Kochava
Now, you need to create a Kochava-Certified Postback. Postbacks allow Kochava users to send a real-time feed of installs and in-app events to a MoEngage. Click here to read more about Postbacks.
Create a new Postback -
- Navigate to App & Assets >> Partner Configuration.
- Click on "Add a Configuration".
- Under Media Partner, select MoEngage (for Android or iOS).
- Click Go.
- You will be shown all the standard and custom events you have configured in Kochava.
- In the Install Event that has the status of "Configured Postback", click on the three-dots action menu and select "Edit".
- For Post-Install Active Events, locate the desired event and Click Edit Postback.
- On the Edit Postback page, fill out the form with the following details:
- Supply network data to analytics partner: Select True. If you don't want to forward this data to MoEngage, select False.
- App ID: Your App ID as provided by MoEngage. Refer to the table below.
- App attribution key: Your App Attribution Key as defined by MoEngage. Refer to the table below.
- Datacenter endpoint: The Data Center Endpoint as provided by MoEngage. Refer to the table below.
- Delivery delay: Automatically delay postback delivery for this time duration.
- Retry attempts: Max times to attempt redelivery in event of posting failure.
|Data Center Endpoint||
|App ID||App ID of your MoEngage account. You can find this by navigating to Settings -> App Settings||--|
|App attribution key||Available on the MoEngage dashboard by navigating to Settings -> Analytics -> Attribution||--|
- Click save.
- For all other Post-Install events, click on the three-dots action menu and select "Create" on each of them.
- You won't need to enter the MoEngage details like App ID, App Attribution Key, and Data Center again. For each of the Post-Install events, fill up the form as per your requirements. Refer to Step 8 for details of each field.
- Repeat the same activity for your other apps.
You have successfully added MoEngage endpoints on Kochava now.
Send Custom Events to MoEngage
You can also forward Custom Events to MoEngage. Follow the below steps to create a new custom event:
- Navigate to App & Assets >> Event Manager.
- Under the Add an event section, add a name (say "My Custom Event") for the custom event.
- Click Save.
- Optionally, you can choose to set up a remap - this will forward all incoming data of another event to this event.
Once your custom event is ready, you need to create a Postback to send the data to MoEngage.
- Navigate to App & Assets >> Partner Configuration.
- Click on Postbacks from the three-dots action menu of the MoEngage Postback you configured earlier.
- Go to the three-dots action menu for the custom event you just created, and select "Create".
- Fill up the form as per your requirements. Refer to Step 8 above to get details on the form fields.
That's it! You are now sending both Standard as well as Custom events from Kochava to MoEngage.
How to use the Acquisition Data in MoEngage
After MoEngage starts receiving data from Kochava, you can leverage this data in the following ways:
We track two User Attributes - "Campaign Name" and "Publisher Name". These attributes can be used in your campaigns, segmentation, and analytics. The Publisher Name and Campaign Name of Install give you an added insight into the persona of the user and you can leverage this data to enhance your on-boarding campaigns, user funnels and in general, personalize your marketing automation activities on MoEngage. The next sections list a few popular use-cases on how you can leverage this data in MoEngage.
Analyze the performance of different publishers
Kochava Integration can help in analyzing the effectiveness of your app install campaigns and sources in MoEngage. With the help of the data you are already tracking in MoEngage like user events, conversion goals, and uninstalls, you can compare the performance of different app install campaigns you are running and also analyze the relative performance of installs from different publishers to optimize your marketing spends.
Analyze the performance of different campaigns
After the integration is complete, you can also see your acquisition data analysis on the acquisition dashboard by navigating from the dashboard sidebar: Analyze -> Acquisitions
If you are using MoEngage Analytics, you can also leverage the Publisher Name and Campaign Name information of Installs to analyze your user funnels.
Enhanced Onboarding Campaigns
You can use the Publisher Name and Campaign Name of install, which are present as user properties in MoEngage, to create Segments and accordingly personalize the push notifications, In-App messages, emails, and SMS that you are sending them via MoEngage.
Install attribution data gives you an insight into how the users could progress further in their lifecycle right when they install the app. This is a very useful piece of information and can help you to enhance the performance of your onboarding campaigns by improving retention, reducing the time to first conversion, and also helping drive a higher LTV per user.
|Publishers where average sessions per user are low||Send push notifications periodically to increase the average no. of sessions per user, right from the time the users install the app.|
|Publishers where average LTV is high||These are your potential premium users and you could implement a campaigns strategy to nurture them into your segment for premium users.|
|Publishers where the uninstall rate is high||You could identify these users who have a higher propensity to churn immediately after they install the app and incentivize such users to make a first purchase which can, in turn, reduce your churn rate.|