SendGrid is a cloud-based SMTP provider that allows you to send email without having to maintain email servers. SendGrid manages all of the technical details, from scaling the infrastructure to ISP outreach and reputation monitoring to whitelist services and real time analytics.
- Ensure you have access to your Sendgrid account.
- Ensure that your Sendgrid account is set up and configured.
Configure Sendgrid account
You can sign up for SendGrid at https://sendgrid.com/pricing and select your pricing plan. After account creation, you can optionally white-label your domain in your account by clicking on "Set Up + Configure" button.
Add a new domain and clicking on "Save". Then you can add the SendGrid specified TXT Records in your domain's DNS settings. This will remove "via sendgrid.net" seen by email recipients.
Configure Sendgrid on MoEngage
Please configure one of the following SMTP services by going into Settings >> Channel >> Email >> Connector Config in MoEngage Dashboard.
Configure SMTP settings
You can find the SendGrid's SMTP connector configurations here
- SMTP Host name, Port and Protocol type can be filled from the details in link. To avoid rate limits set by some companies, port 587 is the suggested port.
- SMTP Username and Password are your SendGrid account credentials
- Maximum send rate depends on your pricing plan. You can get in touch with SendGrid to get these are per your plan.
Configure SendGrid Bounce and Complaint Settings
This information is obtained by setting Event Notifications ON in your SendGrid Account -> Mail Settings
Now, copy the url from Moengage App Settings -> Email Settings -> Connector Configurations -> SendGrid -> Callback URL and paste it in HTTP POST URL text box shown above.
Select the actions checked in the below snapshot to enable tracking of unsubscribes, bounces and complaints.
You are all set up with connector configurations. You can now click on "Save" button which will test these settings (including credentials etc.) and save them. You can then select SendGrid as the default connector in General Settings.