Twilio is a customer engagement platform used by hundreds of thousands of businesses and more than ten million developers worldwide to build unique, personalized experiences for their customers.
Please make sure you have access to your Twilio dashboard.
Configure as SMS connector
Below is a step-by-step explanation for setting up Twilio as your desired SMS provider on MoEngage. Before you go ahead, please make sure to keep the login credentials of your Twilio Account handy. You can also reach out to the MoEngage Customer Success team to get assistance on this.
- Go to Settings >> SMS & Connectors >> SMS Connector Config
- Select Twilio under Integrated Connectors.
- You will see the Twilio configuration page as shown below.
4. Next, in the pop-up, enter the authentication details. You can find these details in your Twilio console once you log in to your Twilio account.
i. Username: This is the Twilio Account SID
ii. Password: This is the Twilio Auth Token
5. After entering the Twilio Account SID & Auth token, click on Save to save the authentication details. The authentication for Twilio is at the account level, and you do not need to add this for each sender. However, for any reason, if you need to change the authentication parameters, you can click on the gear icon next to Twilio and change the settings.
6. After saving the authentication details, you will see the updated Twilio configuration page with the option to add senders.
7. Enter the following details:
- Sender Name: Add any name to identify the Twilio sender
- Sender Type: Choose the correct sender type from the dropdown. We support sending via Longcode, Shorcode, Service plan ID, or Alphanumeric sender ID. Make sure that the sender type you choose is supported in the country/region in which you want to target your users with the SMS campaign. Also, the same sender type should be configured in your Twilio console. If not, then reach out to the Twilio team to get the necessary action done.
- Sender ID: This is the number from which SMS will be sent to your users. Make sure to add the number corresponding to the type you chose.
8. Do a test SMS to ensure everything is set up correctly. And finally, click Save to save the configuration.
For long code and short code, delivery receipts will be automatically tracked by MoEngage as we pass the delivery callback URL in the API call to Sinch. You don't have to do any additional configuration for tracking the SMS delivery.
For Messaging Services, you need to add the Delivery Callback URL in the Twilio dashboard for each messaging service. To do this, log in to your Twilio Dashboard and go to Messaging >> Services. Select a Messaging service.
You will a different menu on the left panel. Click on the Integration tab under the Messaging service name. Scroll to Delivery Status Callback and enter the Callback URL - https://api-01.moengage.com/sms/dlr/twilio
- Create an SMS campaign using the Getting Started for creating SMS campaign.
- Set the Frequency Capping for SMS.
- Set the Current Service Provider.