Configure SMS connector
Ensure that you have the login credentials such as UserId and Password for the SMS Gupshup Account.
If you have any issues with the credentials or if you do not have the credentials, contact Gupshup support.
- On the MoEngage Dashboard, navigate to Settings > Channel > SMS & Connector and click SMS Connector Config tab.
- In Integrated Connectors, click SMS Gupshup.
- Fill in the following details:
Field Description Sender Type Select either Transactional or Promotional to define the type of SMS sent.
Type the name to identify the Gupshup sender.
Type the sender ID identifying the Gupshup as the SMS provider.
If you are sending SMS to Indian mobile numbers
- In the Sender ID field, ensure that you add the Header ID approved under the DLT platform. More details on DLT are captured here.
- If you will try to send SMS via an unregistered header, your SMS will be rejected and will not be delivered to the end-users.
Type the user name used to log in to the Gupshup account.
Type the password used to log in to the Gupshup account.
- In the Is Default Sender, select Yes to make Gupshup the default SMS sender.
- Send a quick test SMS to make sure that your configurations are working fine. To do this, click on the Send SMS to Test button. Add:
- Mobile number with country code. Make sure that your account is eligible to send SMS in that particular country
- Add the test message. If you are sending SMS in India, make sure that the message content is in-line with the approved DLT template. More details are captured here.
- If you are trying to test a Promotional SMS and the test number has DND activated, the message might not be delivered. In such cases, test with a number not in DND list.
- Click Save to save the Gupshup settings.
To enable SMS delivery tracking,
- Login to Gupshup Portal
- Navigate to Settings -> SMS Settings
- Use the MoEngage Delivery Tracking URL https://api-01.moengage.com/sms/dlr/gupshup and paste it under Real-Time Delivery URL in Gupshup portal for the Transactional SMS Account.
The delivery tracking URL should be set as a GET request on Gupshup, contact your Gupshup account manager for setting it as a GET request.